Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hrithik: My item number is better than SRK and Rakhi Sawant's


After playing Akbar brilliantly in Ashutosh Gowariker's Jodhaa Akbar, Hrithik Roshan is all set for his item number in Krazzy 4.

The actor, who says that his number is better than Shah Rukh Khan and Rakhi Sawant's, talks to Girish Rao about life after Jodhaa Akbar, his latest ad, and his upcoming film, Kites.


You must have received a lot of compliments for your work in Jodhaa Akbar. Which one was the best?


I have been receiving compliments for the film since the day it released. I am just overwhelmed. Things have never been so good. The compliments have always been in the superlatives. I am trying to assess if they are real or not. Saira (Banu) aunty called me up one day and informed me that Dilip (Kumar) uncle wanted to give me a hug for my role. He was very impressed and there can't be a compliment bigger than this. I don't think that the feedback for any of my films has lasted so long. None of my releases till date has given me so much of success, love and respect than Jodhaa Akbar. This is my best phase; such a good thing has not happened before. I thank all my fans and Ashutosh (Gowariker) for believing in me for this role. But there were a lot of protests regarding the film?


Well, of course, that was very frustrating. You have to accept the fact that there are some minds, which look to grab opportunities. What happened was ridiculous. There was no any consensus on the objections, and there was no need to retaliate. Thankfully, everything faded later on and now the film is on its path of success again.

No comments: