Saturday, March 22, 2008

Don't I look like Hrithik: Sreesanth



While speedster Sreesanth is delighted to be back in the Test squad for the home series against South Africa, there's another thing that's exciting him no end. "I am very happy that I have been selected," he says, "but I'm more excited about playing for the forthcoming IPL matches. The very thought that a Malayali will play from the Punjab is very funny," he says, laughing.



Sreesanth also had all of us excited recently, when rumours of his romance with Priyanka Chopra made headlines. So, what gives? "It's all false. We are just good friends. She is a very nice person and I like her. When I get a girl in my life, I will not shy away from flaunting her," says Sreesanth, who also admits that it was the fear of a ban that ultimately calmed his on-field aggression. "I'm living my name now. I'm 'santh'," he quips.



But he looks anything but 'santh' as he shows off his new haircut. "I am a huge fan of HRITHIK ROSHAN," he reveals. "So this time, when I was playing in Australia, I took some time out and went for a haircut in Sydney. I got a cut that is similar to HRITHIK's in the film Lakshya. Don't I look somewhat like HRITHIK now?" he wants to know, making sure that we also get a glimpse of his new tattoo, by flexing his biceps. And so we ask him about that. "I've got two tattoos now – the one on the right arm has the word 'faith' written in Japanese. And there's a scorpion on my left bicep." Wasn't it painful? "I love pain," says Sree, adding, "And I believe, if there is no pain then there is no gain."



So, do we get more of him covered in tattoos? "Yes. In fact, the first time I got a tattoo done was while I was leaving for the England tour. The second one was just before I left for the Australia tour. I have decided that I shall get a tattoo done every time I play overseas." Happy tattooing, Sree or is it Santh?

No comments: